Skip to main content

Husband's Birthday Cake


My husband had a wonderful birthday celebration this past weekend. On Friday, I had a small gathering of friends to surprise him at a local resturant for dinner. For an extra special surprise I made him a birthday cake shaped like a car. I had the cake hid at one of my friends homes until the party. He loves cars  and everything doing with cars and even used to have a little yellow sports car. He loved it and so did everyone else. No one really seemed to believe me that I had made this cake. I made it and I have the two days of being tired to prove it.


I used the Wilton 3-D car cake pan for the car shape and used a regular rectangle pan for the bottom of the cake. I made buttercream icing, that I learned to make from the cake decorating class that I took this past summer. In decorating the cake, I used the star tip for the car and wheels and the grass tip for the grass. For a the actual cake I made a pound cake recipe for the car and a yellow cake for the bottom. The rocks and the gold balls were edible. The windows I used piping gel to make them shiny. The only thing that was not edible was the straws that I used for the exhaust pipes and the board  that I used to set the cake on. The cake was very tasty and everyone really said it was good. One of my friends husband's, who like to fish even asked if I could make a fish cake for his birthday. We will see about that..I have not done that before, but I had never done a car cake before either.


I wanted to give a little update as to what we did for my husband's birthday. I will update you about the rest of the weekend later. Have a great Wednesday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.