Skip to main content

Random Ramblings

Here are a few thoughts....

  1. Well, I had previously talked about the big game between OSU and Michigan. I am happy to announce that the Buckeyes won the game. In winning the game, they became the Big Ten Champs and have secured a spot to play in the  Rose Bowl. The hubby and I went to a OSU/Michigan party..but with a twist. Mr. J's friend is a huge Michigan fan. I enjoyed heckling the Michigan fans as the game with south. I was proud to be wearing my scarlet and grey. Go Bucks!!!
  2. This year was the first year that I was Mr. J's wife at Thanksgiving time. I have had Thanksgiving with his family before, but this year as a little different. I made green beans and was a little nerves about taking them. His sisters, all 5 of them,  all have cooking talents and I wanted to make sure that my creation was up to standard. My nervousness began to fade when talking to one of his sisters, she stated that she was nerves about cooking food for her family since they were such food critics. I obtained some reassurance when the same sister stated that she tasted my green beans and said that they were good and well seasoned. I know I can cook, but it is always nice to hear when some appreciates your cooking. The rest of Thanksgiving was uneventful and my mom and I had a nice time. It was even nicer knowing that I had Thanksgiving dinner waiting for me at home that my mom and I cooked before we left. Oh..what glorious leftovers. Sometimes there is nothing like mom's cooking.
  3. I hit the stores on Black Friday. I had fun running through the stores and getting alot of the people on my Christmas list checked off.  I arrived at my first store at 3:30 am to get my blue-ray player for under $100.00. Some of the stores had really long lines, but the spirit of the season seemed to be in the air or maybe it was the jolt of the Krispy Kreme cream filled glazed donut and hot chocolate that I had. All in all I call it a good shopping day. I was done with visiting all the stores that I wanted to go to by 9:00 am, just in time for me to take a nice long nap.
  4. I think that I have come up with an idea for the hubby's birthday, which is good since it is next Thursday. 
  5. I saw Precious and  New Moon. I enjoyed both of them. I want to see New Moon again. I still need to see The Blind Side.
  6. I can not wait to see all of the Christmas shows that will start airing on TV. I love watching The Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph the Red Noise Reindeer. I have been watching them since I was little. What Christmas shows do you watch? Are there some new ones that I should see that you watch?
  7. I got some good responses on what you want me to post about. Look for some of those topics in the new year. Thanks for the feedback.
  8. Thanks for all of the comments that have been coming in. I have really enjoyed reading your responses and having discussions with you. Keep the comments coming...and I will keep on posting.

Comments

Aarika said…
I must say that enjoy your randomness. Not sure why, but I do. :)

I have to agree with you about having Mom's food on Thanksgiving. Even though my mom has always spent Thanksgiving with my dad's family, she cooks her own Thanksgiving meal to leave at home. I always look forward to that.

I actually didn't hit the stores until about 9am but me and the hubs got everythings that we wanted.
Dana said…
I am glad that you enjoy my randomness. I had some many things to update on I did not think that it would be appropriate to do individual post on.

I know several people that did not go out until the early afternoon and were still able to get some of the items that they wanted the day after Thanksgiving.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.