Skip to main content

Things to Do....3 Books Read

I do not think that this was a really fair"thing to do", since I love to read. I tend to read more in the summer when there is nothing on TV. I have already recapped one of the books that I read" Basketball Jones" by E. Lynn Harris. Click here to see what I say about it. E.Lynn Harris was one of my favorite authors and I am sad to say that he passed away in this past weekend. He will truly be missed in the literary world.

The second book that I read this summer was, "Queen of Babble Gets Hitched" by Meg Cabot. I happened to walk upon this book at the library and the cover was interesting so I checked out the book. After reading it, it made me want to read the other ones in the series. I did not read them in the right order, this one was the actually the third one in the series. The story follows a girl named Lizzie's journey through her romantic relationship between two best friends, her budding wedding dress business and her wild family. It is a light hearted and funny summer read.

The last book in my three was " A Change is Going to Come" by Jacqueline Thomas. This book is christian fiction book. It follows 4 women that work a social service agency, who vary in ages and how one of them becoming sick brings them together in different ways but also strengthens their faith. I enjoyed this book and it was a quick read.

I just went to the library and picked up a few new books, I will catch you up on what I am reading when I figure out which one that I am going to start with. Happy reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.