Monday, December 11, 2017
- Listen. I think that I have always listen to my husband, but I do not think that I have listen to the point that I have processed what I was hearing to respond appropriately. The couples there who has 20, 30 one that had 50 all said that you have to learn to listen to your spouse and that listening is just not hearing what they said but it also includes knowing their body language and knowing when to respond and when to wait to respond.
- Pray. I have always prayed for my husband and my family, but I feel that I might not have been praying the right pray. I think that my prayers were the not specific enough. I learned that I need to be specific in my prayers if I want a specific response. I also learned that prayer together is important to strengthen your marriage, your family and your faith.
- Love. I learned that even though that we say in our marriage vows, that we will love forever, it is never specific in what that love will look like. I realized that love will change over times and there are times you may question what that love is. As a couple you need to look at what your love will look, work through the different season of that love and focus on that love even when times are hard.
I am sure that as we meet more with the couples ministry and start to learn more my list will grow as we mature and grow. I am excited for what is to come for my marriage and family as I learn more about my husband.
Monday, December 4, 2017
Monday, November 20, 2017
I am really working on my relationship with God and I feel
- My husband, for his peace, laughter and love.
- My Gabby, for her smile, laughter and hugs.
- My mom
- My Golden Girls---my girlfriends I have known since college
- Gabrielle's Godparents for how they love her.
- Kelly--For always being there
- My church family--for allowing me to grow my gifts within the church
- My consumers--for helping to love the simple stuff
- Ben--for always accepting me for me and telling me stores are closed.
- My bed
- Prayer that gives me peace
- The ability to cook--I love to entertain and share with others
- My mind--for allowing me to think, sometimes to much.
- The internet---love social media and maybe spends to much on it.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. Delta Omicron Sigma Chapter--for allowing me to grow and explore all of Sigma has to offer.
- Television and cable--Since I fall asleep to it every night
- Candles--love a good relaxing meal
- A good paint job on my nails
I have loads more, but I did not want to bore you. What are you grateful for?