Skip to main content

A Triple Header: Part I

The little lady and I had a busy, busy, but memorable weekend. Remember last week I said that I was doing something that I said that I would never do, so here it is....camping!

 FRIDAY--The busy weekend began with a Girl Scout Baseball Game and Overnight at Huntington Field.  Of course, we had nothing for camping out. Luckily, I have friends and neighbors that have camping supplies that I can use. The girls in Gabby's troop dressed in their Girl Scout shirts and participated in the Girl Scout parade on the field before the game began, which they loved see themselves on the big screen. Then it was game time, to be honest, most of the girls were not that interested in the game except for when they were eating nachos and ice cream while dancing to the intermittent music that was being played.

When the game was over the real fun began, it was camp out time. The thing about Columbus is that everything happens in one area and usually at the same time. This was the case on the this Friday, which made it hard with a concert, baseball game and bike race kick-off all going on at the same time and ending around the same time, so traffic was a trying and all I needed to do was move my car across the street. Once I was able to move my car and we made our way back into the stadium it was tent time. Mind you, I have never put up a tent and have not camped out since I was a child. My tent skills I must say need some work, but there was lots of help from one of the girls in my daughters troop dad and another Girl Scout Leader. After about 45 minutes, lots of sweat running in my eyes and sleepiness setting in, the tent was finally up.  I could not wait to get those cots up and go to bed, but the girls were still watching the movie that as being shown and exploring each other tents. While exploring tents, my daughter found another Girl Scout with an American Girl Doll dressed like a Girl Scout. I was so ready for the movie to be over and girls much have been to because they can right into the tent after and went to sleep. I was glad since I was tired and we had an early wake up call in the morning.
Enjoying watching the movie CoCo
Knocked out
All the the Girl Scout tents with the Columbus downtown skyline shinning on. 

I think all of us adults were struggling with the early 7:00 am wake up call, but the girls did not seem to have a care in the world except for choosing what cereal that they were going to eat. Of course, taking the tent down was a lot easier than putting it up as well as packing all of our stuff to get ready to go home. I really did enjoy being the evening, I got some adult time as well as spent some time with my little one. I think that it was a wonderful experience and my little one is ready to do some more. I enjoyed the experience so much that I am looking at end of the season clearance sales to find a tent of our own. Camping might be something that not only  we can do as a girls thing but we can do as a family or even as a date for the hubby and I. 
Well...I thought that the little one was refreshed, but Mr. Sleepy Time caught up with her as soon as she put her seat belt on in the car. She was so tired she did not  make it up to her bed and totally crashed on the couch for 4 1/2 hours, (love it). I got so much done while she was sleep and when Mr. Sleepy Time caught up with me she allowed me to get some rest before the  next activity in our triple header weekend began. 

Stay tuned for the Part II of the Triple Header weekend. 

Comments

Overnight at Huntington Field? That sounds amazing!
Girl On The Go said…
Sounds like a great few days!! Family time is the best

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.