Skip to main content

" Eat My Bubbles"

Summer 4 x 25 Relay Team for 6 and under category
My little fish, AKA Flipper,  has been taking swimming lesson since she has been 2 years old. She loves the water and always has every since she was 6 months old and spent the summer with her Godmother Kelly and spent lots of time within her pool.

This summer she joined a local swim team. She loved it from her first race in breaststroke and she won her heat. She was hooked and I am sunburn. We spent the last 8 weeks every Wednesday nights swimming in tournament for.  She did very well  and even qualified for finals in the 25 yard freestyle and in the 100 4 x 25 relay.

Even though we had a little issue during the tournament, with my little fish telling a fellow competitor that she beat her and her parent being angry about it. Well, first she did not tell a lie she did beat her. Two, the girls totally forgot about it and was playing together 3 minutes later and thirdly her coach corrected her about it.  This parent was so upset that they complained to officials of the swim meet, who in-turn made a decision to disqualify (DQ) her from her 25 yard freestyle final that she qualified for.  I personally feel that there was more to why the parent complained, but this was an  lesson for my Ms. Eat My Bubbles.

I do want to say how proud I am of my little fish. As this was the first summer for her to swim on a team in this fashion as well as qualifying in two events in a tournament, we are overjoyed with your wins to get into the finals. Her relay team came into 5th place in their division.

I hope that no one or no one event stifles you as a swimmer athlete. Keep swimming. Keep enjoying it and we will keep "Eating Your Bubbles."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.