Skip to main content

Let's Eat Birthday Cake!!!



Today is my step-daughter Shaykila's 17th birthday. It is odd to realize that she is that old. What a perfect reason to use my new mixer, but to make a birthday cake. I decided to make her a Snickers candy bar cake. What kid does not like candy. This cake seems like such a "fat crime" and you will understand once you see the recipe. There is nothing light about it. She will be surprised this morning when she realizes that the cake I made was not to take to work, but for her.


Snickers Candy Bar Cake
(recipe via Cooks.com)

There are several version of this cake, one you make all from scratch and the other you use boxed German chocolate or devil food cake mix. I chose to be like Martha Stewart and make the cake from scratch.

Serves 12
Calories per serving 211 (nothing light about this cake)

8 SNICKERS® bars (reg. size)
2 sticks butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 c. buttermilk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt candy bars and 1 stick of butter, set aside. Cream sugar and other stick of butter. Add eggs. Add flour and baking soda alternately with buttermilk. Add melted candy and butter mixture. Bake in tube pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done.

***I only used 6 candy bars in the batter and used the other two for decoration on the cake. I also use two 9' inch round pans to bake the cake in.

Frosting
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 (8 oz.) box powdered sugar

*** I worked really well for me melting the butter and the chocolate together for the icing. It made it easier to mix.

I was not that hard to make. The batter tasted really good and some of the edges of the cake that I fell off tasted great. The frosting was really good and sinfully chocolaty. If you are on any kinda of weight loss plan, a slice of this cake would be your treat for the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.