Skip to main content

My Husbands Obsession

Kinda sounds like a Lifetime TV movie. My husband enjoys working on cars, fixing things and his new obsession.....our yard. He has always cared about how our lawn looks, but now it has grown to flowers and plants. It started with hosta plants. He was so in to them that I started calling him
"Hosta Man" as a joke. He has now moved to vegetables ( which I am looking forward to eating), a butterfly garden and several different shaped plots of land with various plants in them in my backyard. He is constantly looking up things about mulch and organic gardening. Before he just TiVo car shows, but he has moved on to recording landscaping and gardening shows, like "Yard Crashers" and "Gardening by the Yard". I came home the other day and he had dust all over him and I asked what he was doing and he stated," Just drilling a hole in some rock for the water feature." Mr. J and one of the neighbors (who also has a nice yard) talk often about what to use on the grass, what they are growing and what they are going to do next planting season ( that is a whole 12 months away). I must say that the yard does look nice and I plan on enjoying every bit of it...... sitting in a lounge chair on our deck.



(My husband trying to explain to me the different types of flowers in the flower bed.)







( Can not wait to eat some of the yummy veggies.)



Comments

Tabby said…
You tell him everything looks beautiful!
Dana said…
Thanks I will let him know.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.