Skip to main content

Final Cake Class


Last Thursday was my final cake decorating class. I was really excited about it, since we were learning how to finish making the rose. I got to work on some of the other techniques that I had been practicing on as well. I think I have finally got the hang of making the icing the right consistency. It was really hard to not eat the icing while decorating since it smelled so yummy, but I did not like since I would not want to eat a cake that the decorator licked their hands the entire time. Most of the people in the class copied a picture of one of the cakes in our instruction book, but I decided that I wanted to design my own. My instructor said that it was really pretty.

My husband came home from work and asked where I bought the cake. I said that I made it. He said that he was proud of me because it was so pretty and that it was yummy to boot. Yeah!!!

My next class does not start for another few weeks and I am looking forward to learning how to work with fondant and royal icing. In the meantime...I will continue to perfect what I have already learned.

Comments

Tania said…
I've been thinking about taking the Wilton courses too. Was it expensive to get all of the supplies to start out with? What kind of stuff did you need?
Dana said…
The most expensive thing about the class is purchasing the food items to make your cake and icing every week. When you ding up for the class, I took mine at a Michael's Craft store, you get an instruction book and a box with tools that you will need for the class. I used a 50% off coupon to purchase the class tools that I needed for the class. The class tool kit was $22.00, before I used the coupon. I did purchase additional items that you really do not need but I wanted, like a turntable, a large cake icing tip and additional icing bags, but I used a 50% off coupon each time since Michael's has coupons every week to reduce the cost. I think that I ended up spending maybe additional $50.00 for the class. You can take the class at Jo-Anns and at Michael's.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.