Skip to main content

Your MIL Said What?


I received my recent issue of The Nest magazine and read an article called "Things My MIL Said". If you do not know what MIL is it is....... mother in-law. Here a few things that some of the nestie's
( readers of The Nest) said that they mother in-laws said or did to them.







  • After she bought her dress for the wedding, she said to me, "This marriage better last!"--swwood
  • You're not exactly what I expected in an daughter in-law.--mtessb

  • You maybe his future wife, but he will always be my man.--pace33tl

  • She said that at my age (35), I didn't need to spend a lot of money on a wedding and we should just elope and show a video when we got back!!--cmccue

  • I painted our bedroon a very pretty sage green. She walked into the room, stuck her finger down her throat and fake gagged herself. --jillbean78

I thought that were kinda of funny and unbelievable that people actually said some of these things. My mother in-law has not said anything to me like that and I hope she never does. Has your mother in-law ever said anything like this to you? What did you do?

Comments

I don't think people realize what they are saying to others - especially if that "other" is stealing their baby boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.