Skip to main content

Charla Nash: An Inspirational Spirit

Charla Nash was on Oprah on Wednesday. She is the woman that was attacked by the chimp named Trent. When speaking with Charla was speaking with Oprah, just her spirit and outlook on life was so refreshing and really touched my heart. Here is a woman who has lots most of her face, has been blinded and lost both of her hands except of one finger, but all she was upset about was not being able to help her daughter pick out a dress for prom. She really made me think about what is important to me and what I really need to be upset about. It makes the things that upset me, seem so unimportant.

The thing that upset me the most was the statement that was issued by the Trent's owners lawyer. The statement seemed like just because the Sandra Herold, the owner of Trent, assisted Nash in the past with employment and housing, in which a true friend who is able to do would do,  and because Herold got help for Nash that her family should not be suing her. That is just stupid. Sandra's pet took  away Nash's way of life. She is now unable to do the things that she use to do and has to learn to do them all over again. Most of all Nash is unable to be with her daughter on a daily basis and share her senior year of high school with her.

Even with her injuries, I must admit that when she took her vein off of her face I was taken a back,  but you begin to look past what she looks like and start looking at the person she is due to her out look on life. When Oprah assisted her with wiping her face, it made me not scared of her, it made me more compassioniate towads her. I think that Charla Nash is a remarkable woman to be able to overlook her current condition to share her positive outlook on life. I wish that we all were able to have such an outlook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.