Skip to main content

Hubby's Birthday

My husband's birthday is coming up soon. In the past, for his birthday we have either done dinner and a movie, gone out with friends or he has asked me to make one of his favorite meals and one of my famous cheesecakes for dessert. When my husband was growning up, his family really did not do alot for birthdays. Maybe it was because there were 5 children, of which he is the youngest or maybe it was because Christmas was so close.  This is totally different from growing up in my house, where I was always taken out to dinner, was given presents and recieved a cake from my favorite bakery, Reesch. For some reason, this year I feel the need to do something special for him, maybe because this birthday he is my husband.  My husband is a very simple man and would be appreciative of whatever was done for his birthday. I have a few ideas of what I would like to do for him and my ideas involve things that he would not do for himself. I do not want to list any of my ideas out loud, since he sometimes reads my blog and want it to be a total suprise for him. Whatever I finally decide to do, I need to decide quick since his birthday is only two weeks away. You have any ideas or what have you done for your hubby or significant other on their birthday?

Comments

Aarika said…
The hubs and I were invited to a bday celebration for a guy that included a few different events. Basically the evite said here is where the bday honoree will be on said date - feel free to join us. Of course the person planning it wanted the guests to give a heads up on when you would be joining them.

Hope this helps.
Dana said…
Thanks for the idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.