Skip to main content

It's The Great Halloween Party, Mrs. J


I think that my Halloween party was a great hit. I had so much fun and I think that my friends did to. All of my guest showed up with some cool costumes and the ones that boycotted wearing one had to pick something from my costume box. We played games  and had great conversation. I do not think that everyone who attended my party, knew how much I enjoyed Halloween. I had several comments about the my decor and the food that I had.

My costume was great. My mommy made it for me. I think that I made a good Dorothy. I think that I was a mix of Judy Garland from The Wizard of Oz and Diana Ross from The Wiz. I used my Pound Puppies from my childhood for my Toto. Since I had 2 dogs, one was Toto and the other was Tutu.








The pot, which I used as a punch bowl, had a fake leg hanging out of which took people by surprise when they walked into my dining room. Of course the punch was red and I added dry ice for the smoke effect. The label on the outside of the pot, was from the dollar store. I thought it was fitting. The jars on the buffet had different things in them from eye balls, gummy worms in water and I took my daughters' manequin head and put it in a jar and labeled it, " The Ex-Girlfriend". Everyone thought that was funny.




 This was my sweets table. I realized that I recieved a fondue pot as a wedding gift so I had make your own caramel apples. I also had eye balls, which were really buckeye candy, a grave yard, which were red velvet cupcakes with chocolate tombstones and witches fingers, which were almond cookies.



The rest of the menu consisted of the following:
Bloody Eyes----Meatballs
Spicy Bat Wings----Chicken Wings (added black food coloring to the barbecue sauce to make them black)
Wild Veggies with Snot-- Veggie tray with Veggie Dip
It's the Great Baked Pumpkin Charlie Brown---Pumpkin Bread with Orange Cream Cheese spread
Corpse Chips with Entail Sauce--Corn Chips with Spicy Cheese Dip ( place in a casket that I made out of a box top and painted black and added skeletons around the chips)
Fried Snakes--Mozzarella Sticks
Fried Skin--Potato Chips
Monster Brains--Pasta Salad (added a little green food coloring to make the pasta a little green)
Ghostly Sandwiches--Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (made grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them with a ghost cookie cutter)


I had so much fun planning this party, I have already started purchasing items for next year while it is on sale, sale, sale. I have even had guest tell me that they were looking forward to next years party. I am still gathering pictures of some of my guest costumes, hopefully I will have some to share soon. I hope that your Halloween was as fun as mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.