Skip to main content

Husband's Birthday Recap

With all the holiday stuff going on, I was not able to finish the recap of my husbands birthday. I have already talked about the suprise party, but not the rest of the weekend. Well, thanks to a good friend I was able to rent a hotel room for the entire weekend for a great rate. It was nice to have a little get-a-way.

While we were on our get-a-way, I had a few activities planned. On Saturday, we had a couple massage done a local spa. It was nice that we were in the same room, it made it more relaxing. He had a couple of other services done such as a manicure and pedicure. I treated myself as well and got a pedicure. I think that he was nervous at first about the manicure and pedicure since he had never had a professional do it before, but he really liked the end result. I think that some of the nervousness went away once he realized I was going to be in the room. After the massage we went back to the hotel, had dinner and just relaxed.

My husband loves jazz, so on Sunday  I took him to a local restaurant called the Polaris Grill, that has a great buffet brunch and has a live jazz band playing during it. Between the food, the music and the ambiance it was a wonderful morning. He became a little concerned once he saw the bill, but I told him not to worry about. Thanks to another friend who got me a great deal on gift certificates for our meal. I knew that my husband enjoyed himself, because he agreed to go to the mall by the restaurant with me. Just walking around the mall, was very pleasant we window shopped, picked up some little items and just talked.  By the end of the day, we did not want to come home.

He said that he really appreciated what I did for his birthday and the best thing about (besides the watch that I gave him as his gift) was spending time with me. I must agree that was the best part for me too. I do not know what I am going to do for his birthday next year since I did all of this for this birthday. I have 11 months to think about it. Well, he has 3 months to think of what he is going to do for my birthday...let's see if he can keep up (just kidding).

Comments

The PeachPost said…
That was sweet. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Thank God for your friends being able to help with the discounts. That is such a blessing.
Dana said…
Thanks. It was wonderful. It is a blessing to enjoy spending time with the one you love.

I am so grateful for my friends.
Man, you are a GREAT wife! That is an awesome birthday! For my husband's this year he wanted to go (of all things) laser-tagging.

So we went. And spent his birthday with a bunch of ten-year-olds. ;) But it was fun!
Dana said…
Thanks. I try. I think that I might have gone to big..I do not know what I am going to next year. Hey, all that matters is what he wants to do on his birthday is what makes him happy.
Dana said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.