Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Black History Month

With today being the last Wednesday in Black History Month, I thought that I would give you a little quiz. Good Luck.







1. What politician and women's rights advocate said, "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth".
  • Condelezza Rice
  • Shirley Chisholm
  • Ida B. Wells
2. What prominent educator and political leader of the 1800's spoke these words," One can not hold another down in a ditch without staying in the ditch with them".
  • W.E.B. DuBois
  • Booker T. Washington
  • Fredrick Douglas
3. What successful and influential woman spoke these words, "It does not matter who you are, or where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you always."

  • Shirley Chisholm
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • Madame C.J. Walker
4. Which prominent novelist and 1953 National Book Award winner and spoke these words, "I am not ashamed of my grandparents for have been slaves. I am only ashamed of myself for having one time being ashamed.
  • Ralph Ellison
  • Richard Wright
  • James Baldwin

How did you do?

Answers: 1 Shirley Chisholm,2. Booker T. Washington, 3. Oprah Winfrey, 4. Ralph Ellison


information found here

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Dana--I tagged you on my blog! :) Happy Happy Joy Joy