Skip to main content

Wedded Wednesday: Fatherhood



Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,

anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.

What qualities in your husband makes him a good father? When I met my husband, I knew that he had a daughter. As our relationship grew, he allowed me to met her (he was very guarded about who he allowed to interact with her). I was able to watch  him play with her, laugh with her and talk with her. Their relationship is solid and she will always be daddy's little girl. I will say, that their relationship has not always been easy (especially the teenage years) but his love for her has never changed. Over the years, watching him be a father to his daughter has allowed me to see the qualities in him that make him a good father, here are just a few of my thoughts.....
  • loving
  • understanding
  • listener
  • disciplinarian
  • playful
  • kind
Being a parent there is not always smooth sailing, but I know that my husband is the best father that he can be.

Comments

Sarah Louise said…
One of the reasons why I married my husband is because I could tell that someday he will make an amazing father. He loves his nieces and nephews so much- he is fun and carefree, yet I also know he is going to teach his children how to work hard, and stick to what they believe in.
Gwen said…
Thanks for the link on the sidebar, Love :)

xoxo,
Gwen

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.