Skip to main content

Doing Something Good

image found here
I attended a funeral yesterday for a woman who attended my church. She was fiesty, very opinionated, but always took action for what she believed in. She started my church's food pantry and was very active in foreign mission work. I enjoyed talking to her and she often made me laugh with some of the things that she would say. When people got up to talk about her, they said all these wonderful things about how she always made sure that people had something to eat, or how she interacted with the people who came into the food pantry. It made me think...what good things do I do for others? I am active with my church missions and with my sororities community service activities, but what impact are they really making in my community? Is there something else that I can be doing to make more of an impact? You heard and saw the impact that the woman at my church had on others just by the words that were said about her. It makes me want to do more, not so people can say stuff about me when I am gone, but to make someone else's life and my own richer. I will have to figure out what exactly I am going to do or how I am going to do it, but I do know that it is  going to be something.

What do you do that positively impacts othere, you and/or your community?


PS: Wednesday morning I was happy to see that I have finally reached 30 readers. Today I am back to 29. Thanks My Dream Life for joining me. Maybe I will be back to 30 soon. Keep on reading. Hope you have a great weekend.

Comments

Eve said…
This post expressed the exact thing I was crying about yesterday. I'm stuck with knowing that I have God given gifts, but I don't know how to share them. I don't even know what they are! This has been bothering me for years. I wish you well with your new endeavour, and look forward to your sharing of it. :D
Faith said…
This also gets to me sometimes. I know that I can do more for my community but I have gotten stuck into my routine. I am involved with my church and doing work with the church but it isn't on my own. I'm hoping that soon I will be doing more own my own to help out my community.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.