Skip to main content

Weekend Sweeps

Friday

Picked up a pizza and side salad from Donatos and rented The Preachers Kid. Thought it was a good movie and I might recommend it for my church to watch.
image found here    
As what seems to be a reoccurring theme on my Friday nights, when I thought I was going to bed and was flipping through the channels and saw that Stomp the Yard was on. Of course, I stayed up to watch it even though I have it on DVD.
image found here    



Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming is coming out Labor Day weekend and I really want to see it.
image found here


Saturday

Went to work. Attended my friend Krista's son Joe 2nd birthday. Attend my sororities annual chapter picnic and loss at playing Monopoly. Came home and laid on the couch and watched some mindless tv.

Sunday

Went to church. Did some house work. Made a pot roast in the Crockpot with some wild rice and cabbage from the garden. Completed some paperwork with my friend Bev. Went to bed early because I was tired.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Comments

Faith said…
Stomp the Yard 2 is coming out?! No way! I had no idea. Loved that you watched it on TV even though you own it. I do that all the time and the hubs thinks it is so strange, lol.

I have yet to use my Crockpot. I think I am afraid.
The PeachPost said…
-I wish we had Donatos where I live
-Love Love Love Stomp the Yard
-Pot Roast, wild rice and cabbage sounds delish. Maybe I can add that to the menu for next week.
Eve said…
Hi Dana,
I've never seen the STY movies. I'm out of the loop with what's new living here in England.
Sadly movies like Preacher's Kid never make it here, pity really.

I recently watched Casion Royale for the 1 millionth time. Good action in that movie.
Have a nice weekend! :D
Lamonica said…
I think Stomp the Yard was a great movie. I thought it was better than Drumline. I hope Stomp the Yard 2 is just as good as the first one. Another Christian type movie you might be interested in is Blessed and Cursed. It just recently came out and it's by gospel artist Deitrick Haddon. I haven't seen it yet but it seems like it's a great movie.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.