Skip to main content

Lunchtime Memories

image found
The other day I packed my husband's lunch for work ( which is something that I never thought I would be doing on a consistent basis), oh I digress. The lunch consisted of a turkey with Miracle Whip on wheat bread sandwich, a bowl of Bob Evans chicken and noodles soup, an apple, a 100 calorie pack of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and a fruit snack. Well anyway, when I talked to Mr. J during his lunch break he said," I loved my lunch. It brought back such memories." 

As he said it, I was thinking what was he talking about and got real silent on the phone. He said, "You do not remember. Do you?" I just said, "Yes, I do", but my tone was not confident and he knew that I did not remember. He said," One time when you surprised me and brought me lunch to work, you brought chicken and noodles soup and a turkey sandwich." I thought awww....he remembered. Once he said it, I remembered. I even remembered what we talked about and that we had to eat in his car since his employer at the time did not allow outside visitors in the building past a certain time. Once I remembered, we began to talk about that past conversation and how much he really appreciated the surprise that day since he was having a crappy day.

It was nice to talk about old times. I was really impressed that he remembered some so simple. I realize that it is just the little things that are appreciated the most. I guess the way to man's heart is through his stomach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.