Skip to main content

Weekend Sweeps

Friday

Was uneventful and I went to my line dancing class and went for a good soak in the hot tub at the gym afterward. It made my joints feel sooooooo good.

Saturday

Helped my BF, Kelly, with her daughters Sam, SWEET 16. Oh, to be 16 again. NOT!! It was interesting to watch all of the teenagers hanging out with each other. Sometimes, I thought oh, to be in high school again, but not after watching them.

After a busy day with a room full of 16 year olds, I can home and watched "The Expendables" with the hubby. I was surprised, that I liked it. It was a good action movie.
image found

Sunday

Had a good service at church. Attended a sorority function. It was nice to see new and old Sorors. After the few days of nice weather that we had, we got some sleet and rain. Ugh. That weather made me sleep and all I wanted to do was to curl up in a blanket. I put some laundry up, hate laundry, and watched "For Colored Girls". It was a good movie. I am not sure if I prefer the book or the movie better. Definitely a chic flick, so I did not subject my hubby to watching it.

image found


Hope you had a great weekend. I know I did especially since it was a 3-day weekend.

Comments

Jules said…
It sounds like a great weekend and that class at the gym sounds like fun! So does the hot tub. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your friend and got to see some good movies too!
Faith said…
i want to see Colored Girls. i've gotten many mixed reviews but i can't wait to finally see it!

sounds like a great weekend!
Dana said…
@ Jules-- Thanks. Hope your weekend was good as well.
@ Faith--I had heard the mixed reviews about Colored Girls.I really enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.