Skip to main content

Wedded Wednesday: He Is The One?

As I get ready to celebrate my second  wedding anniversary next week, I thought about how did I know that Mr. J was " the one"? No, it was not the fact that we dated for almost a half century. No, it was not the fact that was lived together for several years before we got married. I knew that he was the one when:
  • He continued to put up with my crap.
  • He was supportive when my grandfather died.
  • He took over most of the finances without expectation of it when I got laid off my job.
  • He took me around his family for holidays.
  • He listened to me complain about my clients at work.
  • Helped me take my micro-braids out.
  • He made me laugh when I had to have dental surgery.
  • He made ice packs for my arthritic knees.
  • When he stated the he would do anything for my mom.
  • Went and got me chicken and noodles from Bob Evans when I was sick.
  • Listened to me whine when I did not want to do something.
  • Continues to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant even when he wants to eat some where else.
  • When he turned the TV off, instead of complaining about the electric bill when I fell asleep without setting the TV timer.
  • When he told me he loved me and could see us growing old together.
I am sure there are many more things that let me know that Mr. J was the one, but these were the ones that stood out for the moment. I am sure that this list will grow and change as we grow and change in our marriage. I am happy to be Mrs. J and I am glad that I found "the one" for me. What made your hubby "the one" for you?

Comments

What a lovely post.

Thanks for stopping my blog, I would like to join force in the Music weekly post. How would you like to do that? :)
Gwen said…
What a sweet list. Happy soon to be 2nd Anniversary to you both!
Dana said…
Thanks Gwen. Thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.