Skip to main content

Yummy! Cupcakes

Since I am trying to eat healthier, but still have a sweet tooth to try to locate some good, but healthy (or not as bad) sweets. I located this recipe at The Cupcake Recipe. According to the website the applesauce in it what makes it low-fat and low-calorie.

Applesauce Low-Fat Cupcakes


Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup margarine
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Blend the margarine with the beaten egg and sugar. Then, you need to sift in all of your other dry ingredients. Next, add the applesauce, vanilla and nuts, and mix well. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190.5 degrees Celsius), and spoon the yummy mix into a cupcake pan that you’ve sprayed with some vegetable oil to prevent sticking. After about 15 to 20 minutes, your cupcakes are out of the oven and ready to enjoy, no guilt allowed.
I made a one change in the recipe and used pecans instead of walnuts, because that is what I had in my cabinet. I use store bought cream cheese icing and sprinkled additional pecans on top. They were really good and look pretty too. Hope that you give them a try. I knew they were good when my hubby, ate more of them than I did. I will have to make these again soon.

Comments

Faith said…
oh yum! that looks amazing! i would love to try that!!
Dana said…
Let me know if you try.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.