Skip to main content

Thifty Thursday: Coupon Beginner Tips

My grocery shopping trip this past weekend, I was able to save 50% off of my bill with my coupons and store card. I did notice that I watched the cashier a little more closely to ensure that all dicounts were given. Each trip I get better and better. I believe that I had a coupon for every item that I purchased except for the fresh fruits and veggies. After last weeks shopping trip, my husband asked me," Are you bringing any more food home? Our freezers are full." I said "Good. We do not have to purchase any meat for a few months." While he was stating that, I was  thinking that we have another freezer in the garage that is not full if I need the additional space. I know when watching the couponing shows, they have their stockpiles all over the house, but I am not going to let mine get that way. I have a few shelves in the basement for my items. I know saving money is great, but you need to modify your purchases for what space that you have for your home.

I continue to look for coupon resources as I get more into couponing. I have seen Nathan on TLC Extreme Couponing and I was impressed with his methods. I have located Nathan's website, We Use Coupons and have found it very helpful. Check out below to see more tips for beginner couponers from Nathan.



For more assistance with couponing, you can sign up for Nathan's daily alerts for coupon deals and store sales.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.