Skip to main content

Thifty Thursday: My Stockpile

I am a beginner to this semi-extreme couponing. I have tried over the past month to have a coupon for everything that I purchase. The only thing that I have not been that successful at was finding coupons for meat. The things that I have found useful to add to my stockpile are the following:




  • Pasta
  • Salad Dressing
  • Mustard
  • Ketchup
  • Deodorant
  • Lotion
  • Laundry Detergent
  • Granola Bars
  • Barbecue Sauce
  • Pasta Sauce
  • Rice or noodle mixes
All of these items I have had really good coupons for. I have found having these items very convenient in the home and easily within reach. The great thing about these items is that they have a long shelf life. The other thing that I have in my stockpile is lots, lots and lots of cereal. I am currently looking in adding more sports drinks to the stock pile for summer. Have you created a stock pile? If so, what is in it?

I have noticed that since Extreme Couponing has taken effect, some grocery stores have changed their coupon policies on when you can use paper coupons and e-coupons. Before you go to the grocery store, check out their policies so that you can get the best deal.

Coupon Lingo

Catalina: Sometimes abbreviated as “CAT”, Catalina coupon machines located at register that you receive at checkout with your receipt.  Catalinas, refer to the coupons themselves which may be manufacturer or store coupons. Some stores give special catalinas on in store purchases.

Comments

The Edberg's said…
Have you heard about www.pocketyourdollars.com? That is a local website by us, but I saw something recently about her going national, may be something to keep an eye on in the future.
Faith said…
we have just gotten started but hubby is taking it too a whole other level! but i must admit, saving dollars here and there is exciting!
Dana said…
@ The Edberg---I will keep an eye out.
@Faith--I know it is such a rush to save money.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.