Skip to main content

Weekend Sweeps

Friday

Had a busy day at work. I have a sick client and I have been taking extra care with the case. I was so ready for the weekend. I end up rushing home and did some quick cleaning before my mother-in-law came back to town for a visit. After my cleaning spree, I went to a step show with some of my sorority sisters. After the show I went straight to bed.

Saturday

I took part in a young girls seminar at my church. It was a wonderful experience. I loved working with the girls. They had the cools t-shirt and they gave me one. I can not wait to wear it. I came home for a little nap, before my sororities annual Evening of the Arts Gala that raises money for scholarship for youth who are going into the arts.

The Gala was great. All of my sorors looked great and we raised lots of money.If was a funny evening and my hubby, my mom  and one of my sister-in laws  attended. I am glad that it is over. The event takes lots of work, but it is worth it.

Sunday

Attended church with my mother-in-law. Came home and did a little laundry since I did not have to cook much since the hubby was grilling ribs. Yummy. It was nice to just catch up on a couple of episodes of Oprah I had Tivo while I clipped my coupons from the Sunday paper.

All in all it was a busy, but great weekend. Hope yours was great too.

Comments

Gwen said…
Glad you had a great weekend!!! Hope you have a fabulous week as well! :)
Jasmine said…
Hi Dana!!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Yours is so cute too! Technically I shouldn't be on here since you went to Ohio State and I'm a Michigan girl (LOL jk)...

I will definitely be checking in more :-)

Have a great day!
Faith said…
sounds like a great weekend!

i clipped coupons this Sunday too ... seems like the normal thing for us to do now ... i am liking it so much ... we saved a lil over $10.00 last weekend! :)

i know it is not much but it's $10 we didn't have to spend!
Dana said…
@ Gwen--- Hope you have a good week as well.

@ Jasmine-- Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

@ Faith-- You are right 10.00 is 10.00, which is more money in your pocket. Couponing has kinda become a sport of sorts to see how much I can save. I have started a little stock pile in the basement.
Jules said…
Sounds like a good weekend!
Dana said…
@ Jules-- Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.