Skip to main content

Marriages: Celebrity vs. Everyday

Do you think that celebrities marriages have more pressure than everyday marriages? I only ask this question, due the recent breakup of
(JLo)
of JLo and Marc Anthony and
(J and K)

the ended engagement of Kat Von D and Jessie James.  These couples both seemed to be happy together, but something went wrong to where they have ended their relationship.  Maybe it is because they are in the public eye and every aspect of their relationship is scrutinize, unlike in everyday marriages the only scrutiny you may have is from family and friends, if that.

Are expectations higher for celebrity relationships? Are the stakes higher for celebrity marriages? I think that the only difference in celebrity relationships is that there  is more at stake, such as more money and public image.

I do not think that their relationships are any different from everyday marriages. They love like we do. They hurt like we do. They just have to do all of it in front of a camera. I am not a celebrity, but I am not sure that I would want to have my relationship on display for everyone to make their own  decision about.  I think that I will keep things the way that they are, with my marriage only on display for myself and my hubby.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

Faith said…
i think they have more pressure than a non-celebrity couple ... everything they do is on display ... but i also think that they go into their relationships/marriages knowing that it will be displayed because they are celebrities. i think they don't take the vows seriously and think that they do not have to work for their marriages. marriage is hard work and when something doesn't go the way you want you don't just give up. i think Hollywood is so use to everyone thinking that their marriages can't last and they believe it. sad.

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.