Skip to main content

Wedded Wednesday: Bromance

According to the Urban Dictionary, bromance is a close relationship between to straight males. This subject came to mind after spending time with my husband while he was recuperating from his illness. I realized that he was on the phone quite often.  First I thought that he was talking to his mom, since I know she calls during the day. After awhile I realized that the he was speaking to his best friend. 10:00am, 1:00pm and sometimes in the evening he was on the phone. It seemed like they had a schedule going on, which I thought was strange. When I began to listen to the conversations, they really were not talking about anything important, but were talking about what some of things their friends had done, what they were watching on TV and what they had did that day.  Then I began to get annoyed, since I was thinking that  I was in the house and he could just talk to me. I just assumed that since my hubby and I work different schedules, they have been doing this forever and I just never knew about it. I just found it odd, which I do not know why since I know that he is really close to his best friend.

When did a close relationships between to male friends become a bromance, instead of  being called homies, best friends or buddies?  Once I got over my initial annoyance with him being on the phone, I realized that I do the same thing. I talk or text to my friends through out the evening, so why should I be annoyed with him for doing it. Women can be close without any additional questions, but men have to be questioned about their relationships. I think it is funny to have a name for it....what is next womanance? Friends,  male/male or female/female, to me are just called friends, just like we learned when we children.

Does your husband have a bromance or just a really good friend?

Comments

Faith said…
oh hubby has a bromance, haha ... so funny! i think he might actually have more than one bromance too! i am on the phone or texting my gfs all through out the day so i don't think much of it. it was just so funny for me in the beginning to see how Sean was close to his best friends. but i guess when you've known someone since you were little boys, it happens.
Mrs. Pancakes said…
This is an awesome post! Hubby does have a bromance but he leaves out of town and is always busy so it makes life a little less annoying because when they talk, it can be loud!!

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.