Skip to main content

Miss G. is 2 Months

( Sorry folks not sure about sharing her totally on the internet yet)
Size of Miss G.:  Miss G. is currently 10 pounds 8 ounces. She is 21 1/2 inches long. The doctor stated that she is in her 50% and right on track.


Clothes: Her newborn clothes are becoming a little snug. She is still where some of them but mostly she is wearing 0-3 months, even though the 3-6 months are still a little big on her.

We have moved from newborn diapers to 1's. The newborns with turning into bikinis or baby thongs on her.

Movement: We just started tummy time and I am not sure if she really likes it. She does try to hold her head up when we do it. She wiggles when you hold her. Her father and i enjoy making her dance ( for our own enjoyment).
Baby stuff: She currently has cradle cap and baby acne. I think that I have pretty well with getting most of the cradle cap by massaging her head with olive oil (which she seems to like) then brushing it through the dry patches before washing her hair. 
Her doctor gave her some lotion for her skin, since she felt like the baby acne was itching. That stuff is like liquid gold. It seems like her skin look better after just one application. 
She occasionally get the hiccups.
She does spit up on occasion, but I think the changing of the bottles has helped. 
Sleep: She tends to take a 3-4 hours nap mid-evening and little cat naps the rest of the day. She will sleep for 3-4 hours at night, take a bottle or nurse and go right back to sleep. Of course, we are hoping that she will sleep for a longer stretch of time at night the closer I get to going back to work.

Feeding: She is still breast feed with supplementation of milk, since it seems like she does not get enough from me. Miss G. has just moved up to 4 1/2 to 5 ounces this week. Per her doctor we will talk about her starting cereal and food, if we want. I think that we are going to start slowly, so that we can try to avoid any allergies.
Milestones: She is tracking with her eye, which the doctor stated at her last check up was last on target. She has started to smile and coo while she is awake.

Baby Gear: Miss G. loves her baby swing. She sits in it daily. I really need to invest in rechargeable batteries for it. 
We changed bottles at the end of last month, since it seemed like she was taking in so much air. We switched to Dr. Brown's brand bottles and it seemed to really have helped.
Moment of the Month: Snuggling with Miss G. while watching our evening shows. I love how she likes to lay on my chest and get ready for bedtime. One of the other moments of the month is watching my husband take care of the little one. It is really special the bond that they have.

Mommy Moments: Everyday I look at her and realize that she is mine and she won't be this little for ever. I need to enjoy every moment that we have together. I know that it will not always be easy, but it will be rewarding.

Comments

Faith said…
Your mommy moment made me smile! I can't wait to experience those feelings one day! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Pancakes said…
im loving all the baby talk like tummy time..soo cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.