Skip to main content

Black Friday Thoughts

I thought this was funny, but true. Enjoy and be safe out there!!

               With the kids all nestled snug in their beds
                 And visions of Christmas dancing in their heads
 
 
 
                   Their tummys full of turkey and Pumpkin pie
 
                   Mom's in the kitchen with a gleam in her eye
 
 
 
                    She's got her list, she's checked it twice 
 
                    Each sale mapped out it has to be precise
 
 
 
                   Her car is gassed up,and she's ready to go
 
                   Yelling at the drivers who are going to slow
 
 
 
                 For this is the night of the big shopping game
 
                  Waving her ads she calls them each by name
 
 
 
 
                                  On Target,and Kohls
 
                             Macy's and Bloomingdale's 
 
                             On Wal-Mart,and Best Buy
 
                            Old Navy,Abercrombie & Fitch
 
                           On Walgreens and Jcpenney
 
                             And all the stores in between
 
                          The mall is packed, it's quite a seen
 
 
 
                   When the clock strike's ten the big sale will start
 
                   And don't forget the blue light sale over at K-Mart
 
 
 
                Mom's giddy from the savings she's getting at the mall
 
               Stepping on the escalator she nearly takes a fall
 
 
 
                         Mom dashes to the left and then to the right
 
                         And now Barnes & noble is finally in her site
 
 
 
                             Ten percent off if you buy at least eight
 
                              The savings in the air,man this is great
 
 
 
                       Twinkling lights,stockings and handbags galore
 
                    Watch out for the old lady who collapsed on the floor
 
 
 
                   The tension is rising as the cashiers look on in fright
 
                    For Black Friday now begins on Thanksgiving night
 
 
 
                                                 From Monica Speaks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.