Skip to main content

I Hate Three....(But Love It Too)

I hate three. This is the little song I have been singing the last few months. I enjoyed one and two was not terrible, but I am not really enjoying three and we are only 5 months in. I will say to do not hate my 3 year old, but I do not like all that has come along with her being three. Her attitude. The foot stomp. The hands on the hips. The "No". The ignoring of  what she is being asked to do. It is almost like having a mini-teenager in the home. It just makes my blood pressure and my voice raise (which both need to stop).




Everyday with Miss. G, at 3, is not bad. She is an explorer. She wants to be helper. She loves to smile. She is always ready to dance. The emergence of her strong personality. She likes to cuddle. She likes to read and listen to music. She loves her tablet and doing puzzles. I do love her independence and her wiliness to try new things. I do appreciate her lack of fear, but it does scare me. It is just like there are two people living inside of her at this time even though three can not be divided evenly. One minute she is just so sweet and the next it is like aliens have overtaken her body. I just need a balance or at least some warning when the switch is going to happen.




I guess these are the growing pains of watching your little one grow up. The ups and downs. There are always going to be things that you like and things that you don't.  As long Miss G knows that I love her no matter what and  I have my hidden bottle of Cooper Hawk White Sangria for my mommy time, I will be able to survive three and all that comes with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.