Skip to main content

Holiday Family Traditions



As a child we had certain holiday traditions, like leaving cookies out for Santa, making cookies with
my mother and cooking certain foods for Christmas. I started a few new things that I am trying to
make traditions for my little one and family, like cooking a seafood meal on Christmas Eve, making homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, watching a Christmas Story on Christmas, putting up my Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend, having a craft party for Gabrielle and her friends, taking Gabrielle to see the lights at the zoo and making a new homemade ornament to add to the tree each year. There are a few things that I would like to start this year;

  1. Elf on the Shelf: I purchased one last year at the end of the season and going to do this year with Miss G. I think that she is three now, she should understand the concept. 
  2. Christmas in Miss G room: Last year I just did holiday linens,  but this year we have done her own personalized tree. Of course everything on it is pink and purple per her request. 
  3. Christmas Eve box: One of besties Bev forwarded me this picture of a Christmas Eve box.
    christmas eve box
    I think it would be great for the whole family to get new PJ's.  Of course I will be putting the little ones in a box similar to this with some of the snacks and a movie she likes. It will be nice to reflect on picture each year to see how we changed and the PJ's changed. 
  4. Hide the Pickle: We are starting this one this year since little Miss can participate in this and would love finding the pickle. 
  5. Santa tracks: My coworker told me about this tradition she does with her family, of when you take baking soda and a template of a shoe to make Santa's tracks. Here are a couple of links for some Santa tracks link and link for more instructions 
Adding these holiday traditions will hopefully give us more memories to last for years to come.  What family traditions do you have during the holidays with your family?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.