Skip to main content

Easter Eggs, Ribbon and Hot Glue

Every Easter season I say that I want to have a wreath made of plastic Easter eggs. I know, Easter eggs you say. I did not want one with flowers once it since the last time that I had one with flowers on it the birds made a nest in. We looking on Pinterest, I found some really pretty ones. Not only was it easy on the wallet, but it was very easy to make. Guess what, really was and fun too. Here is what we did.


 You will need.........
-40-60 plastic Easter egg (This depends on the size of the wreath. I used about 52.)
-Hot glue gun
- Straw or Styrofoam wreath
-Ribbon for hanging 


 Of course you have to put the eggs together first. Miss G. was so excited about doing this. She asked all day until she was able to finally put the eggs together. We had a little trouble with some of the colors, but we worked at it until we put them all together.  I purchased my eggs at Walgreens for $2.49 for a pack of 42. I purchased two packages for this project.

I first tied on my ribbon prior to gluing the eggs.  I chose from ribbon that I already had in the home in my craft stash. The wreath was $4.99 at Jo-Ann Fabrics but I had a coupon for 25% off which made it $3.75.  I randomly placed the eggs throughout the wreath. Once I had the general place of eggs, I went back through and filled in the spaces where you could see the wreath peeking through.  If you check out my Pinterest Easter Pins, I have some other variations on this wreath done by others. 

Here is the final product. This project took about total of an hour to complete from start to finish. Not bad for the final results.  It looks festive and has really held up to the not so spring-like weather we have been having. Check.....one thing off the list. Now I can focus on decorating the rest of the house to get it ready for Spring to move out this winter weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.