Skip to main content

Tot Tuesday: Rocking the Vote

Took the Miss G with me to the voting booth this morning.  It is always an interesting experience taking her when I do. She loves to give my ID to the workers. She loves to push the buttons on the voting machine. Miss G always asks the questions of who the people are mommy is voting for, which I love trying to explain on a 4 year old level (NOT). She always ask for her sticker and proudly wants her picture taken once we leave.

By taking her with me, I hope to instill in her the importance of voting. I want to instill in her why her voice is important. When she goes with me, she seems to always enjoy it and appreciate the process. I hope that she always does because the way that she chooses to live and enjoy life may depend on it.

I will keep taking her with me. I will keep trying to explain to her at her level what the political process is about. I want her to always to ask for her sticker. I want her to always to vote and to take part in the process, because it is her right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.