Skip to main content

The J's Family Stay-cation

This past summer we did not take a large vacation, but a few long weekends. The last long weekend we had was to finish out our summer before the school year began. We took a short road trip to see the Newport Aquarium and the Cincinnati Children's Museum.  The ride was nice, as nice it could be with a 5 year old in the back seat asking if we were there yet.  The hubby and I had hoped that she would be distracted with her tablet or take  a nap on the way down so that we could chit-chat, but I guess she was to excited to do either of those.

Our first stop was the Newport Aquarium. Heck I was even excited there. It is not like that I have not been there before, I basically wanted to see the new stingray exhibit. The Newport area not only has an awesome aquarium but there is a mall with little odds and ends and it is even right off the river for an excellent view. Gabby could hardly contain herself upon arrival. We used every bit of the 2 1/2 hours that we spent there and it was well worth it.

Petting the sharks. Fearless.

Walking with the penguins.





After our time in the aquarium, we decided to explore the area around us. We got lucky in that they were having a seafood festival that weekend. Jackpot! I love seafood and so does the little one.
Checking our the boats and the river.
During our exploration and a bite to eat we decided to go back to relax to get ready for the next day. We got a surprise and was able to partake in a fireworks show from our hotel room. It was a nice way to top off the day.
 The next day we went to the children's museum. During the time of our visit they were having a Star Wars exhibit....that I really wanted to see. I was so mad that I did not have my Star Wars t shirt with me. They are renovating the museum, but there was so much for us for adults and kids to do.  The first stop was the Star Wars exhibit, but we knew if she go into the play area before we went we would never see the exhibit.





I  thoroughly enjoyed myself, if no one else did,  I sure did. Then the main event was the children's space. There is so much to do and to explore, for all ages.  Gabrielle loved it.  That is the amazing thing about kids, they will play with anyone. As we sat in the wooded forest area, we could hear other kids calling her name and her calling theirs. They just running around with one another, and she was not even paying us any attention. I am glad that she was enjoying herself. 

A little water play.
You scream. I scream. We all scream for ice cream.
It was a nice little get-away. I really enjoyed exploring new things with her and seeing things through her eyes. It always refreshing to learn something new and spending time with my family. These are the memories and moments that I cherish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.