Skip to main content

Monday Murmurings: New Normal

Over the last week and a half, I have had two deaths in my family, one being my father and other my brother-in-law. Both of these men had unique qualities and characteristics but the one thing that they had in common is that they both loved my little girl. I have had to learn quickly that explaining death to a five year old is not really that easy. My little one is very inquisitive in general, so I tried to figure out a way to say what occurred without saying "passing" or "sleeping". Heck, so I would not slip up I just had my husband explain it. It seemed to go a lot better. Maybe because I was so upset, I could not explain in. She still has been asking questions and working through things like she should. Helping her talk through it and been helpful for me to process things.

I have also learned that I have not been able to truly grieve  the last couple of weeks due to trying to care for my daughter. My husband has tried to help but at this time I just don't want to be bothered and just want to stay in my bed. My only little sunshine right now is my daughter. I think since I was so concerned abut how she was going to react that I could not take care of how I was going to react. She has been trying to cuddle and give me lots of hugs, rub my back or just wants to sit next to me, because I want to do is lay in my bed or on the couch and watch lots of mindless TV. I know in my mind that things will get better and back to my normal after awhile, but emotionally I am drained and confused.

As my daughter, continues to comfort me, I will try to continue to answer any questions that she has about the deaths. I hope that as I try to comfort her that it comforts me and allows me to move forward in my new normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Marriage and then a _______________

Love, marriage and then a baby carriage. I am preggers. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that it is not fall along, but I wanted to share our blessing on my blog. We are very excited about the little one, that we are currently calling Baby J. I have not had much sickness. I have had periods of nausea, but it is not consistent. I have noticed that my body is changing, as it should. I just guess that I was not expecting my body to change that quick.  As my friend, Bev says, " Your growing a life. What do you expect?" She is right. Really, I do not know what to expect. It will be quite a little journey as another part of me sweeping through  life.

Announcing........

Girl Announcing the arrival of our beautiful baby girl Gabrielle . She arrived a little bit early and kinda unexpectedly but well timed. She arrived on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 am. We are still getting settled in at home, but I wanted to let you know that she had arrived and I will share our story and pictures later.