Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cubicle Decor

Well, I posted a few weeks ago that my office was moving to a new site and that we were going cubicle. I received some suggestions from my fellow bloggers on how to make my space nicer. Well,  I knew that I wanted to use a black and white theme so that it would go with the greyness of the walls. I went to my local Staples and found this pretty black and white damask pattern paper. I knew it was prefect for my wall. Here are some photos:
I took the paper I found and stapled it all across my walls. I even found a cup with my first initial and the same pattern. You can not see it, but there is some open shelving that I took some black and white damask fabric and made a curtain and hung it up with a tension bar.
On another journey back to Staples was looking for a folder holder, like the one above, but lucked out when a co-worker said that she did not need it anymore and gave to me....anyway getting back to my story going to Staples. On my second visit,  I found these folders that had varying damask patterns in them. They look great and keep me organized.
I also took various silver frames and put different photos in them . They look great grouped together. I have a few more, still in silver frames, near the top of my desk to carry the theme through.

I have gotten several positive comments like, " Your booth looks so cozy.", "How did you get that pattern on your walls?" and "Can you help me?". I like the way that I did my booth so much, some days I do not want to go out for my scheduled appointments. So thanks, to all assisted me with finding my way back to cubicle life. It is not so bad after all.

5 comments:

Jules said...

I LOVE how you decorated your cube and how you have that damask pattern on the walls. It really looks great. That is also really cute that you made a curtain. The fact that the folders match the walls is lovely and the framed photos look really nice too.

Kristin said...

OMG, so freaking cute. I wish I had thought about that when I LIVED in a cube! Ah ha ha

MsBabyPlan said...

Hello Dana, thanks for stopping by. I will follow you to keep update the TTC, :)

Anonymous said...

Where's my photo? I see mom, best friend, hubby, and your sorors. I am hurt......that is all!-LOL
C.

Dana said...

Thanks for stopping by and all of the positive comments about my new space. I am really enjoying it.

C....your photo is on the wall where my other photos are. You are there. I just did not take a photo of it.